Offering Lifelong Learning Opportunities to the Treasure Valley for more than 45 years!
We are busy preparing for our FALL 2017 Community Education Session. FALL Community Education session begins Monday, September 11, 2017, with online class registration opening on Sunday, August 20, 2017
Community Education opens Boise School District buildings for your enjoyment. A wide variety of classes, led by volunteer instructors, are available during evening hours. You'll find all the information you need about our classes, program procedures, and registration details right here on our website.
Community Education at a Glance:
- We offer three sessions of classes: Fall, Winter and Spring. Fall session Fall session runs September 11, 2017 through October 19, 2017. Online registration for Fall 2017 session begins Sunday, August, 20 2017 at www.boiselearns.org You may register up to the day a class begins!
- Community Education Session catalogs are distributed through the mail to Boise residents, inserted into the Idaho Statesman and posted online at www.boiselearns.org and on this webpage.
- You'll find our Fall 2017 catalog inserted into the Idaho Statesman on Sunday, August 20, 2017 (for Statesman subscribers), mailed to non-Statesman subscribers by Friday, August 25, and you'll also find copies of our class catalog in Boise library branches by August 25th.
- Registration runs throughout the session - up to the night a class begins provided there is space. However, it is recommended you register early to ensure a spot in the class. Register at www.boiselearns.org
- Participation is not limited to Boise City residents; there are no additional fees for students from Meridian, Eagle, Emmett, Kuna or surrounding areas.
- Our volunteer instructors teach on a variety of topics ranging from computer basics, health, pets, culinary skills, to arts & crafts and MUCH, MUCH more.
- Interested in sharing through teaching a course? Visit our Teach with Us page.
- We invite you to share the gift of learning by donating to the Community Education Scholarship Fund - your generous contributions can assist others attend class.
Click here to review our Spring 2017 Community Education Class Catalog to get an idea of the types of classes we offer.
Beginning Sunday, August 20, 2017 you will be able to click here to register online for our Fall 2017 Community Education classes.
Click here to find Community Education on Facebook.
Click here to follow Community Education on Twitter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Teach with Us
Community Education Staff:
Dan Hollar, Public Affairs Administrator
Erin Sullivan, Program Coordinator
Erin Duran, Program Assistant
To give you an idea of the types of classes we offer, click here to check out a recent segment about Community Education that aired on KTVB-TV's News at Noon and click here to check out a special report by KTVB-TV's Jim Duthie focusing on our Succulent Gardening class taught by Brent Seamons.