Verification of Eligibility

Verification of Eligibility

Proof of Age & Identity

  • A certified copy of the student's birth certificate or other reliable proof of a student's identity and birth date must be provided to the school. We cannot accept hospital birth certificates.

  • If you do not have a certified birth certificate for the student, contact the vital statistics department of the state where your child was born. For children born in Idaho, contact the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.

  • If other reliable proof is provided, rather than a birth certificate, that proof shall be accompanied by an affidavit explaining the inability to produce a copy of the birth certificate. Other reliable proof of a student's identity and birth date may include a:

    • Passport

    • Visa

    • Other governmental documentation setting forth a child's identity


Idaho Immunization Law states that children of grades preschool through 12 shall provide proof of immunization, or sign an exemption at the time of first enrollment in an Idaho school. Your child's immunizations must be on record for your child to be present at school. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to provide proof of immunizations to the school. For more information about required immunizations, please visit our Immunizations page.


The legal residence of the student’s parent/guardian determines the student’s designated attendance area. Examples of acceptable proofs of residency: current property tax bill; current rental lease; pay stubs bearing the residential address; car registration; current utility bill; government or official correspondence to the residential address. You must complete a verification of residency form.

To determine the appropriate neighborhood school for your student, please use our Attendance Area Locator.

Other Documentation

  • Divorced Parents

  • Please bring a copy of any divorce decree or custody agreement pertaining to the child.

  • Custodial Guardians

  • Please bring your "Power of Attorney" document. This document will need to be reviewed every six months.

  • Enrolling from Another District

  • Please bring your recent transcripts and/or report cards. In addition, providing the address and fax number of the school your child previously attended is helpful to make a smooth transition.