How To Enroll

Enrolling Your Student In The Boise School District

Online Enrollment (Traditional/Neighborhood School)

Enrolling your student is easy with our Online Registration System.

  • New to Boise School District Students
  • Parents/Guardians without students currently enrolled, please use this  online registration system to enter your information and enroll your K-12 student into the Boise School District.
  • Existing District Students 

    Parents/Guardians with students currently enrolled in the Boise School District can access their portal account by clicking this Infinite Campus Portal Link Select the Parent Button and log in. Next, select "More" from the menu, then Online Update or Registration. You then can update your current information and enroll your new K-12 student into the Boise School District

    • If you do not have a portal account, please email to receive a personalized activation link.
    • If you have forgotten your password, please contact your current student’s school for a password reset.

Boise Online School (Opens July 13th, 2020)

  • Enrollment begins on July 13 and will continue through July 31. Only current Boise School District students or students with an approved Open Enrollment status from another district may attend Boise Online School. District open enrollment procedures will be followed.

In-Person Registration & Enrollment

If registering your student in-person, you may register students at their neighborhood school Monday through Friday during school hours with a parent/guardian present. Our Complete Enrollment Forms are available online.

Additional Information for Parents Who Choose In-Person Enrollment

The information below is also available through our Online Registration System.

Find and Contact Your School

  • Are you a resident of the Boise School District?

  • View Boise School District's School Boundary Locator to identify the neighborhood school your student will attend. Note: Some Boise City addresses are not within the boundaries of the Boise School District.

  • Review Boise School District Boundary maps.

  • If you have questions regarding a specific address or if your address is close to a boundary, please call Boise School District's Transportation & Boundaries Department at 208-854-4167.

  • School address and phone list.

  • Contact our schools to request a tour of the school. Note: During summer, contact high schools after July 15th, junior high schools after July 26th and elementary schools after July 26th.

Determine Student Eligibility

  • All children enrolling in Kindergarten must be five years old on or before September 1st of the school year in which the child enrolls.   
  • For a child enrolling in first grade, the child must be six years old on or before September 1st of the school year in which the child enrolls. A five-year-old child who has completed a private or public out-of-state kindergarten for the required 450 hours, but has not reached the “school age” requirement shall be allowed to enter the first grade.
  • For resident children with disabilities who qualify for special education and related services under IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act), “school age” begins at the age of three and may continue through the semester in which the student turns 21 years old or receives a regular high school diploma by completing requirements comparable to regular graduation requirements.

Verification Requirements

  • Parents registering their children for the first time in a Boise public school must provide proof of age, identity, verification of District residency and immunizations, unless homeless.
  • Students who have previously attended school should bring their school records, if available. Students receiving special education services should bring a copy of the current Individualized Education Program (IEP).

How to Withdraw

Withdrawal Form-Writable pdf

  • Parents wishing to withdraw their student from their current school and transfer them to another school, whether it be within the Boise School District or outside the district, must complete and submit the following form and return it to the student's current school.